Sunday, October 08, 2006

Worn Out

Plain beat to the socks, Daddy-O. Saturday was one of the Days-Full-o'-Stuff-to-Do: cash-up, gas up for a trip out to Buckner, KY (in the next county east of here) so my daughter could cheerlead for a youth-league football team, but not before a stop at Meijer to get her a white turtleneck to wear under her uniform (she's already outgrown the ones she's had here). Her team lost, again (0-6 on the season so far - I know it's youth-league football, but, jeez, these kids have been klonked around week after week).

Then it was back home, but not before stopping at the grocery for a few items. We had a late lunch/early dinner, then we took the daughter to her grandparents' house for an overnight visit while wife and I went to see Matt Nathanson and Carbon Leaf.

Nathanson combined some sweet singer-songwriter power pop with a bit of a blue stand-up routine. Carbon Leaf didn't bother with the between-song conversation and chatter and played a solid 90-minute set.

We creeped home close to 12:30 a.m. and each showered the second-hand smoke odor off, then fell into bed around 2:00 a.m.

And all this after an exhausting week at work dealing with a company identity change and pushed-up deadlines.

So blogging's been sparse. If you regularly, check in: sorry. I know I promised the first installment of my Underrated Album Project more than a month ago. As they say in business, "It's on my to-do list," one of the many dismissive fibs that fly around a company every hour, along with "I'm not set up to do that" (an easy way to get out of a task you don't want to do) and "the network's down, I can't print that (or "send that" or "find that").

Of course, the capper for the weekend was this. Comments on it at Little Green Footballs are plenty.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I know I'll try.

No comments: